We've moved to a new home, moving you to the new blog...

Ancho-Chipotle Over-Hard Eggs, Roasted Bell Pepper and Avocado | virginia is for hunter-gatherers

Friday, June 29, 2012

Ancho-Chipotle Over-Hard Eggs, Roasted Bell Pepper and Avocado

I've decided I'm my most creative with food when there's very little food in the house. Crazy or logical? Maybe it's a little bit of both?



Anyways, for breakfast this morning, I wanted to do something different but quick and easy. We still have a jar of roasted red bell peppers in olive oil in the fridge, plenty of eggs and bacon, some veggies (carrots, zucchini, avocados and the ingredients for Brent's cabbage slaw which I didn't want to use), a few green apples, one peach from the quart I bought for just $2 at the King Street market on Wednesday, and a variety of condiments. Oh, and there was that crab meat too... but I'll get to that when I put up the post about my lunch. ;)

OK--so, what's a girl to do other than the traditional scrambled eggs and bacon we have almost every morning... Eggs over hard? YES. Roasted red bell pepper on the side? Sure! What about those yummy avocados... I can't resist. To make them work harmoniously, I just threw in some spices.

Ancho-Chipotle Over-Hard Eggs, Roasted Bell Pepper and Avocado

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or the fat/oil of your choice
  • 1/2 - 1 roasted red bell pepper
  • 1/2 of an avocado, sliced
  • Ancho chili powder, chipotle chili powder, salt and pepper to taste
Method
  1. Place the roasted bell pepper on a plate (or in your plastic container, like I did, if you're planning to carry this to work). Sprinkle some ancho chili and chipotle chili powder over it. 
  2. Melt the ghee in your pan over medium-high, then crack your two eggs into it and fry those babies up! Within the first minute of them cooking, sprinkle some salt, pepper, ancho chili powder and chipotle chili powder over the eggs.
  3. Note: If you're like me and you prefer sunny-side up with a fully cooked yolk, let the eggs fry for a couple minutes on medium-high, then turn the heat down to low, cover and let cook for about 10 minutes. 
  4. Once the eggs are done, simply add them to your plate or container.
  5. Top it off with the avocado and you're all set to eat and enjoy or run off to work with a delicious breakfast in hand. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment