We've moved to a new home, moving you to the new blog...

Easy Sage Tea | virginia is for hunter-gatherers

Friday, February 3, 2012

Easy Sage Tea

I worked from home the past few days because I haven't been feeling well--this Whole30 thing has really sent my body's internal organs on a crazy ride. Hopefully, everything settles down soon; for now, I'm doing my best to tough it out.

I would never have thought to make my own tea, nevermind sage tea. But today, a friend suggested it for my upset tummy and I remembered that we had fresh sage in the fridge. So I did a quick Google search for "how to make sage tea" and tada! an easy recipe was at hand.



I didn't actually follow the recipe. That would be too easy! :-p Instead, I just tore up enough sage leaves to fit into my tea strainer, heated some water, and let it steep. The recipe lists lemon and honey as optional additions. Honey is obviously not a Whole30 menu item, and I wanted to experience the flavor (and hopefully the helpful effects) of this tea in its original form so I didn't add the lemon either.



The tea is light in color. It's soothing on my throat and the warmth feels nice in my tummy. The soft sage flavor is just right. I suppose too much sage would make this tea rather bitter. But I got lucky--apparently my tea strainer holds just the right amount of torn sage leaves. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment