We've moved to a new home, moving you to the new blog...

Mardi Gras Cabbage Slaw | virginia is for hunter-gatherers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras Cabbage Slaw


In order to celebrate the holiday (without the beer, beads, and other indulgences) I decided to bring some color and flare to an old faithful of mine.  I added a bit more than what is shown, and I'll explain below:

  • 1 medium yellow bell pepper
  • 1 medium red bell pepper
  • 1/2 head of red cabbage
  • 1/3 medium red onion
  • 2 stalks celery
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 tbsp rice vinegar
  • Salt & Pepper (to taste)

 Using our wonderful mandolin (that cut the living *#&$ out of my finger this weekend... which was totally my fault, but damn, it is sharp) I was able to quickly slice these down, and then add a 3-count of olive oil and rice vinegar.

To my chagrin, this actually turned out super colorful.  All the purple, red, and yellow reminded me of the Mardi Gras celebrations my coworkers were having all day.  So there you have it--Mardi Gras Cabbage Slaw.








TRXTraining.com - Save Over 20% on The FORCE KIT! While Supplies Last! Click Here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment