We've moved to a new home, moving you to the new blog...

Salmon Loaf | virginia is for hunter-gatherers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Salmon Loaf




A few weeks ago we made these awesome Basil Salmon Burgers from Loren Cordain's The Paleo Diet Cookbook, but we had so much basil-salmon mix that we chose to freeze some of it for a later date.

This weekend, I was feeling a bit creative and realized we could use the mix to make a salmon loaf. Why not, right? Toss in a little almond flour, some egg... shouldn't be too hard.

I was so proud of myself--I thought I was being really quite clever and unique. Only later I called my mom to tell her about it, and she said "Oh! I have a great salmon loaf recipe from Grandma." It deflated my spirits a tiny bit, but no matter. I was still excited to try it.

It really was quite easy!

I mixed together approx. 3 cups of the basil-salmon mixture, 1 egg and 1/4 cup of almond flour.


Then Brent suggested topping it with some of the shredded white sweet potato we had left over from other recipes, for the sake of texture.


I baked it at 350 for about 40 minutes.


It came out beautifully. It was not quite as salty as the basil-salmon burgers, and the crunch from the shredded sweet potato was really a nice touch.


Oh, and I forgot to mention: we didn't bother greesing the pan. Salmon is such a fatty fish; if you're starting with a salmon filet like we did (instead of from the can like my grandmother used to do), there should be plenty of natural oils to keep it from sticking.

Happy cooking!







Home Gym with Free Shipping
No Machines. Easy Setup and Storage.
www.trxtraining.com

1 comments:

Post a Comment