We've moved to a new home, moving you to the new blog...

Shredded Buffalo Chicken | virginia is for hunter-gatherers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Shredded Buffalo Chicken



One thing I've been missing for a long time is buffalo.  Wings, tenders, salads, and any combination thereof.  All of that came to a screeching halt when I had to cut out added sugar and breaded foods.

While I mourned, I also searched.  Luckily I found two different sauces that fit the bill:

  • Louisiana's Pure Crystal Hot Sauce
  • Tobasco Buffalo Style Hot Sauce
The main difference between the two is that the Tobasco has garlic in it.  I decided to go with that one, but I also bought the Crystal, so experiments will come with that later.  

Here's what I needed:
  • 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
  • 1 tbsp ghee
  • 3 pressed garlic cloves
  • 3 tbsp Tobasco Buffalo Hot Sauce
First you want to preheat your oven to 425ºF, and place your chicken thighs on a bake pan; I used a roasting pan.


Then I roasted the thighs for 30 minutes.  About 15 minutes in, I added a the ghee and a tbsp of the hot sauce, along with the garlic cloves into my slow cooker on the lowest setting.


After letting the chicken sit a bit, I pulled the skins off and started shredding the thighs in a large bowl.  This takes some patience, but the chicken is so juicy.


Finally I add the chicken to the mixture in the slow cooker, and add an additional 2 tbsp on top of the chicken.


Mix thoroughly and let cook on low (this slow cooker goes from 1 to 5, and I kept it on 1) for 45 minutes, and then it's good to go.

Next time I will roast the garlic first, as it is a little sharp, but still tasty.  I can't wait to use this over salads, or in a romaine leaf with some slices of avocado on top.  The possibilities are endless, and I get to have my buffalo back!





TRXTraining.com - Save Over 20% on The FORCE KIT! While Supplies Last! Click Here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment